* Boost the police front line with a target of the Australian police-to-population levels. In 2002 these were 230 per 100,000
* Recruit experienced, retired staff to join the 111 communications centres
* ensure all traffic patrols are directed to respond to 111 emergencies.
* Abolish parole for all repeat and violent criminals so police are not continually chasing career criminals and locking them away.
* Scrap quota ticketing for traffic offences so traffic policing to focus on killer roads and killer drivers, not ticket quotas.
* Take DNA from everyone arrested.
* Cut form-filling demands. Recent reports show that on average an officer fills out 14 forms for each domestic lock-up.
* Lower the age of criminal responsibility to 12; move offenders to the Youth Court after two family group conferences; and establish parenting orders to support parents of persistent young offenders to learn skills to deal with their children.