Peter Dunne, one of Helen Clark’s Ministers, has compared Clark to Hillary Clinton and Key to Obama.
The Key-Obama theory is fascinating. How are they alike, apart from the polls?
- Both had a parent born in another country
- Both are in their 40s
- The little known fact that Key’s full name is John Hussein Key
- Obama beat Alan Keyes to win his Senate seat, Key beat Brian Neeson win his.
- Both were helped into power by a Michelle – Michelle Obama and Michelle Boag
- Obama and Key have both lived in New York
- Both have campaigned against electoral fraud
- Both have two children
- John Key has served on a advisory board to the US Federal Reserve, and Obama if he wins will appoint the Fed Chairman
- John Key is actually very good at dancing
So I think Peter Dunne is onto something here. I am surprised more media have not picked up the similarities.