The Hive quotes from the Wall Street Journal on how Obama is adopting Bush’s policies. He’s gone to the centre on gun cuntrol, on wiretappaing and now embraced faith-based initiatives. He’s also defended General Petraeus, started to embrace free trade and welfare reform.
We await Obama’s announcement to stay in Iraq and invade Iran.
Frog Blog has a copy of Labour’s script for responding to questions in the House from National:
- Attack National for hidden agenda
- Talk about how bad things were in the 1990s and how most problems today stem from that
- Comment on the questioner’s intelligence or physical appearance
- Shake with outrage at having one’s authority questioned (Some minsters can pull of this act better than others)
- Change the topic
- Insult Gerry Brownlee
- Await a patsy from the back benches where you get to laugh at something stupid a National Party MP said at some point in their history.
- Try a little bit more outraged shaking.
Therese Arseneau at TVNZ asks and answers the question of how reliable are opinion polls:
Tags: Barack Obama, Frog Blog, Labour, Polls, Satire, The Hive, Therese Arseneau
Labour says a 95% confidence interval means one poll in 20 may be a “rogue poll”. This term is misleading. A 95% confidence interval simply means one poll in 20 may produce a result outside the stated margin of error – and it could be just 0.1% outside. But the chance of all three polls being outside at the same time is more like 1 in 8,000 – statistically possible but highly improbable. …