Just finished and posted the weekly Dispatch from Helengrad at NBR.
The honours this week are:
- National’s doctor and nurse retention policy gets an A-
- The PM gets a D- for her back of the envelope calculations over Iraq. Using the same pro-rata basis 12 NZ soldiers should have died during the year they were in Iraq doing reconstruction.
- Even I am almost bored of the Winston Peters scandal and downgrade it to a C+. I offer some educated guesses as to what the different members of the Privileges Committee will agree to in their report.
- Jim Anderton gets a B+ for breaching the Electoral Finance Act for a second time, and then complaining about provisions he had been explicitly warned about and voted for.
- In a fit of impartiality I award myself a B for best analysis of the week for my two in depth posts on the Peters scandal!
Feedback and comments can be made at NBR.