Just listened to Ian Wishart on Newstalk ZB with Larry Williams. The story seems to be:
- A Chinese gentleman has had problems with Australian immigration as he travels under different names, different passports with different dates of births.
- This was known to NZ authorities
- He applied to be a NZ Citizen
- DIA recommended he be turned down due to the multiple aliases
- The Minister approved it, despite the dodgy aliases and the recommendation
- The gentleman’s application was supported by a Labour MP and is known to a couple of Ministers
- He attended a fundraising function for Labour and probably donated to them, but impossible to know for sure as they do not record who donated what – people just throw cash into a hat or something.
This is all off listening to Ian on the radio.Tags: citizenship, Ian Wishart, Labour