Watching Letterman from last week, and they had on pilot Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger and co-pilot Jeff Skiles, from Flight 1549. It wasn’t unexpected but very cool to see the massive standing ovation they got from the studio audience. Was a fascinating interview too, as they talked about those few minutes. Skiles has a very good sense of humour.
Totally unrelated to that is great service tonight from Hell Pizza. One of their delivery cars got a puncture and arrived 15 minutes later than notified when booked online. There were several things they did that was really good:
- They phoned me to let me know it would be late
- The phone call was before the scheduled delivery time, not after it
- They explained why there was a delay
- The delivery person also apologised
- The gave me a voucher for a free double pizza and free delivery by way of apology (which is worth more than my original order of just a snack pizza)
I didn’t expect anything at all. A 15 minute delay isn’t much, and I was just grateful for the heads up. But their excellent regard for customer service certainly means they’ll remain the preferred brand.Tags: Chesley Sullenberger, David Letterman, Hell