The final result is in for Mt Albert and David Shearer almost cracked 10,000. His majority of 9,718 is (off memory) the second largest for Labour in any seat.
Turnout was a very low 47.8%.
David Shearer should be declared elected on Monday 29 June, and presumably sworn in on Tuesday 30 June.
The final list of votes in order was:
- David Shearer, Labour 13,260
- Melissa Lee, National 3,542
- Russel Norman, Greens 2,567
- John Boscawen, Act 968
- Ben Boyce, Bill and Ben 158
- Dakta Green, ALCP 92
- Simonne Dyer, Kiwi 91
- Judy Turner, United Future 89
- Julain Pistorius, Libertarianz 39
- Jim Bagnell, Independent 24
- Ari Baker, Independent 15
- Anthony van den Heuvel, Human Rights 13
- Malcolm France, Peopel before Profit 13
- Jackson Wood, Independent 9
- Rusty Kane, People’s Choice 5