Another month goes by, and another safe Labour seat in the UK falls to the Conservatives.
Here is how the vote changed from 2005:
- Labour from 45% to 18% – a massive 27% decline
- Conservative from 33% to 40% = +7%
- Lib Dems from 16% to 14% = -2%
- Greens from 3% to 10% = +7%
- UKIP from 2% to 12% = +10%
It has gone from a 5,459 majority for Labour to 7,348 for Chloe Smith the new Conserative MP, who is now officialy the Baby of the House (In NZ it is Jacinda Ardern).
However the high vote for UKIP shows the Conseratives can not be complacent. But the drop from 45% to 18% for Labour spells doom.