- Malaysia is NZ’s eighth-largest market.
- NZ exports to it were worth $1 billion last year, and has grown 80% since 2004
- 99.5 per cent of NZ exports will be duty free within seven years.
- Kiwifruit exports will be duty free by 2012 – current tariff is 15%
- A “most favoured nation” clause which means Malaysia will automatically extend to New Zealand exporters the benefits of any other concessions it makes in subsequent free trade deals with other partners
The FTA negotiation started under Labour in 2005 and was concluded this year.Tags: free trade agreement, Malaysia