ACT on Campus had a great idea – they surveyed the candidates for the ACT Board on various issues.
The full responses from the candidates is here as a 39 page pdf.
They have also done a summary of the responses here. They asked questions on:
- Role of the Board
- What ACT is most lacking
- Should Board or members determine final list
- Who from history you would most want to meet
- Which two laws you most want to repeal
- MMP vs FPP
- Should NZ become a republic
- Views on Wanganui gang patch laws
- What is your conception of equality
- Penal policy
- Death penalty support
- Alcohol purchase age and sale restrictions
- Drugs policy
- Internet censorship views
- Prostitution legalisation
- Student loans policy
- Main three policies ACT should campaign on
If I was an ACT member, I would find the survey results invaluable in helping me decide who I want to run my party.
Maybe the Young Nationals could do the same for the next National Board elections?Tags: ACT, ACT on Campus