- 83% of NZers are Internet users, 6% are ex suers and 11% have never used it.
- 83% of home users are on broadband
- 93% of users use the Internet at home, 68% at work, 24% at school or uni
- 6% of Internet users connect through their mobile phone for more than an hour a week
- Half of all users have been online for less than ten years.
- Around half the households have more than one computer connected to the Internet
- Market share is 52% Xtra, 16% Telstra-Clear, 9% Slingshot, 9% Vodahug,
- 60% satisfied with Internet speeds, 23% are not
- 65% rate the Internet as an important source of information, over TV 55%, newspapers 53%, radio 44% and libraries 45%
- More respondents say they use the Internet to visit religious and spiritual sites than say they visit sexual sites. I think respondents may be fibbing about that one, based on known traffic stats!
- 19% of users read blogs regularly and almost 40% have read a blog sometimes.
- 48% of users belong to a social networking site
- Of social networkers, the most frequently used network is Facebook on 75%, and 18% Bebo.
- 25% of users have made friends online and 56% of them have gone on to meet them
- 45% support government funding of universal Internet access, and 31% oppose.
- Asian NZers have highest user rate, with 97% using the Internet
- 88% of Internet users in main cites are on broadband, and in rural NZ it is 67%
2 Responses to “2009 World Internet Project”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.