Unless they are hiding them very well, Stuff seems to have stopped their weekly NZ politics trivia quiz. So here’s a substitute one.
1. What is it that Phil Goff doesn’t want John Key to do with Prince William?
(a) Dance with him at the wedding
(b) Make him Governor-General
(c) Ask for his endorsement as best ever Kiwi PM
(d) Pose for photos with him during the Rugby World Cup
(e) Try to hook Steffi up with Prince Harry
2. What change has Steven Joyce proposed for student loans?
(a) That interest be charged at the rate of inflation, so they are interest-free in real terms rather than nominal terms
(b) That students aged over 55 can only use student loans for tuition fees and not for living costs
(c) That any graduates willing to work in Christchurch have 10% of their loan balance written off every year, for five years.
(d) That graduates be unable to leave to go overseas until they have paid off their student loan
(e) That students can use their student loans to buy shares in the four state owned power companies
3. How many seats did the latest political poll (TV3/Reid Research) predict National would get in an election based on their poll?
4. Former Prime Minister Jenny Shipley is a director of the China Construction Bank. In terms of market capitalisation, where does it rank in the world?
5. Which TV channel is to close next July?
Hitler History Channel
(c) Sky Sport 3
(e) Playboy TV
6. Which party voted against the Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Authority bill?
(e) Maori Party
7. Rodney Hide announced the scrapping of various outdated regulations last week. How many did he scrap?
8. Which former journalist has been appointed Chair of Radio New Zealand?
(a) Richard Long
(b) Richard Griffin
(c) Paul Henry
(d) Tom Scott
(e) Linda Clark
9. What penalty could a court in future apply to someone convicted of downloading copyrighted material without paying for it?
(a) Forced to listen to Rebecca Black’s “Friday” for 48 hours non-stop
(b) Ban them from using the Internet for life
(c) Confiscate their computer
(d) Suspend their Internet account for six months
(e) Slow their connection speed to 56 Kb/s
10. Who has been dubbed the Minister of Twitter?
(a) Clare Curran
(b) Tau Henare
(c) Trevor Mallard
(d) Jacinda Ardern
(e) Chris Finlayson