The December 2011 Household Labour Force Survey found the following:
- Seasonally adjusted employment up 4,000 for the quarter and 35,000 for the year
- Seasonally adjusted unemployment down 7,000 for the quarter and 6,000 for the year
- Seasonally adjusted labour force down 3,000 for the quarter but up 28,000 for the year
- Seasonally adjusted unemployment rate down to 6.3%. Was 6.7% a year ago.
- Under 20s unemployment rate up from 23.4% to 24.2%
- Of 34 OECD countries, NZ unemployment rate is 12th lowest