The Legal Research Foundation has organised a forum on media and new media regulation in Auckland on Tuesday 1 May. It will discuss the issues raised in the Law Commission paper reviewing regulatory gaps with media and new media.
My submission on the paper is here.
There is a star-studded line-up of speakers (plus me). They are:
- Justice Raynor Asher, President of the Legal Research Foundation
- Law Professor John Burrows and former editor Cate Brett from the Law Commission
- Hon Barry Paterson QC, Press Council Chair
- Claire Bradley, Mediaworks Legal Counsel
- Martin Cocker, Netsafe Executive Director
- Steven Price, Barrister
- Judge David Harvey
You can register at the link above, or just send an e-mail to email@example.com, and the LRF will invoice you.
The issues being discussed are very important, and could well have a significant impact on the Internet. Id encourage interested people to attend, if they can.