From last week, Stuff reports:
Four of the top 10 most congested roads in New Zealand are in Wellington.
The SUNA Traffic Channel made an analysis of major metropolitan roads using speed and vehicle data from thousands of vehicles carrying GPS systems.
1. Southern motorway around the Ellerslie Panmure Highway exit (Auckland)
2. Northwestern motorway between Great North Road and Rosebank Road (Auckland)
3. Northern Motorway between Tristram Ave and Upper Harbour Highway (Auckland)
4. Johnsonville to Porirua Motorway from Takapu Road to Westchester Drive (Wellington)
5. Southern Motorway between Wrights Road and State Highway 75 (Christchurch)
6. Western Hutt Road (Wellington)
7. Wellington Urban Motorway (Wellington)
8. Southwestern Motorway between Rimu Road and Onehunga Harbour Road (Auckland)
9. Pakuranga Highway/South-Eastern Highway (Auckland).
10. Centennial Highway between Johnsonville and Newlands roads (Wellington)
Auckland gridlock is worse, but this shows Wellington congestion is still a big issue. Transmission Gully will help with some of that, but not all.No tag for this post.