The Press looks at the possible contenders:
- Lianne Dalziel – says not standing and that a change of mind is “unlikely”
- Tim Carter – not ruling it out, will decide next year
- Garry Moore – never say never
- Mike Yardley – No plans, will not stand for Council
- Humphry Rolleston – would not comment
- Peter Townsend – Not standing
- Peter Beck – Initially said too soon to say, and then later said no
- Glenn Livingstone – Not decided yet
Ipredict has Garry Moore at 70% likely to stand and Peter Beck 55% likely.
The only two I read as definitely not standing are Townsend and Yardley. The others have all left some wriggle room.
Parker is at 47% to be re-elected.