Mark Blackham blogs the 12 toughest PR jobs of 2012. They are:
- Government: Plan for schools in Christchurch
- Government: Class size increase plan
- Government: Introduction of the Christchurch Central Development Unit
- Government Communications Security Bureau: Kim Dotcom
- Solid Energy: Job cut announcement
- Ports of Auckland: Strike
- Fonterra: Trading Among Farmers scheme
- ANZ-National: Merger day
- Wheedle: Launch day
- Government: Report on Pike River
- Sanitarium: Continued non-production of Marmite
- All Blacks: Inclusion of AIG as sponsor
The Government handled 3 and 10 well and 1 and 2 badly. No 4 was a mixture of good and bad.
The corporates that did their comms job well were Solid Energy, Ports of Auckland, Fonterra, ANZ and Sanitarium. Wheedle was a fail, because comms can only do so much. Didn’t follow the All Blacks AIG issue that closely.No tag for this post.