I get TED talks on my podcast to listen to while exercising. Found this one interesting enough to share, and embedded below.
Some facts he cited:
- Since 2000 there are eight million more AIDs patients getting antiretroviral drugs.
- Eight countries in Africa have cut their malaria rate by 75%
- The same countries have 2.65 million fewer child deaths a year or 7,256 a day.
- The number of people living in extreme poverty has reduced from 43% in 1990 to 21% in 2010.
- At the current rate of decline, the number of people in extreme poverty would be close to zero by 2030