Ministers Parata and Joyce highlight NZ is :
- Investing 7.3 per cent of its GDP in education – the seventh highest in the OECD
- Investing 20 per cent of all public expenditure in education, which is the second highest percentage in the OECD
- In the top third of countries for participation in early childhood education – 95 per cent of four year olds enrolled in 2011
- In the top seven countries for the percentage of public expenditure allocated to early childhood education
- In the top 10 of the OECD for the highest proportion of tertiary qualified adults, with 39 per cent of 25 to 64 year-olds and 47 per cent of 25 to 34 year-olds in New Zealand having a diploma or higher qualification
- Increasing significantly the number of 15 to 19 year olds enrolled in study –81.5 per cent in 2011, up from 74 per cent in 2008
So let no one say the issue for education is not enough money being spent by taxpayers.