Produced by Stats NZ and the MWA. The 120th anniversary is on the 19th. Proud NZ was the first full country to given women the vote. Sad that some countries still treat women as second class citizens.
In the last 60 years, the stats changes have been:
- Women in Parliament from 5% to 34%
- Working-age women in employment from 25% to 58%
- Percentage of tertiary students that are female from 24% to 56%
- Average age at first birth from 23 to 28
- Average number of children from 4 to 2
Tags: Stats NZ, suffrage, women