I missed this when released, but Stats NZ does a general social survey every two years. Some of the results for 2012 compared to 2008:
- Satisfied or very satisfied with life 86.7% (+1.7%)
- Adequacy of income not enough 15.3% (-0.1%)
- Have a major house problem 33.5% (-3.8%)
- Feel safe/very safe in neighbourhood 67.2% (+15.7%)
- Have experienced discrimination in the last year 9.6% (-0.5%)
- Household mainly recycles 80.1% (+6.6%)
A massive increase in the proportion who feel safe in their neighbourhood, and minor improvements in other areas.