- Fri 20 June – regulated period begins
- Thu 31 July – House rises
- Thu 14 August – Parliament dissolved
- Wed 20 August – Writ Day
- Tue 26 August – Nominations close
- Sat 20 September – Election Day
- Sat 4 October – Final results declared
- Thu 9 October – Return of the Writ
- Mon 20 November – latest day for Parliament to meet and a Government effectively to be formed
- Mon 9 October 2017 – 51st Parliament dissolves
- Sat 18 November 2017 – latest date for next general election
There are 13 sitting weeks of the House to go before it rises.
UPDATE: The start of the regulated period is when the spending caps start for parties and candidates, and also when Parliament moves to tighter spending rules and MPs and parliamentary parties are less able to use their parliamentary budgets for advertising and publications.