Seven Sharp had the great idea that as Kim Dotcom has started his own political party, and wants to basically pick the next Prime Minister, they’d ask him a few very simple and basic questions about the NZ political system. You can watch it here.
Here’s what he could and could not answer:
- No of MPs in Parliament – no idea
- No of parties in Parliament – 10 – wrong (8)
- Deputy Leader of Labour – Grant Robertson – wrong (David Parker)
- Deputy Leader of National – Bill English – right
- Most right party in Parliament – National – wrong (ACT)
- Most left party in Parliament – Mana – right
- 2nd on Mana’s list – no idea
- Most important NZ election in last 30 years – no idea
Also stay on for the segment at the end with Mike Hosking relating the phone calls he gets from Dotcom!