News.com.au reports on some new features for iOS8.
- Can interact with notifications without switching apps
- Can send temporary audio messages
- Allow apps, music ad movies to be shared within a family
- Synchronized photo editing
- Enhanced Airdrop to wirelessly share content
- Keyboard can be amended by third party apps
- A Health & Home bundle of products
- Can answer your iphone on another device (such as your laptop) rather than have to get up and grab the phone
- Enhanced spotlight
The ability to answer your phone on your laptop is great. iPhones are always charging (mine only lasts a few hours now – will get an iPhone 6 when out), so not having to get up to grab the iPhone when working on my laptop will be useful.