Travel blogger Liz Carlson blogs at Young Adventuress 15 reasons why she loves living in Wellington, six months after arriving here:
- All the bays and all the beaches
- Hilly city
- Awesome brunch and coffee culture
- Mt Victoria
- Friendly and awesome Wellingtonians
- Cool marine life
- Hip bar scene
- Honking in the Mt Vic tunnel
- Wellington cable car
- Middle Earth in Wellington
- Crazy roads
- Windy Welly
- Somes Island
- Sunday market and Te Papa
Not much on that list I would disagree with. We do live in a great city in Wellington. Would be nice if the water was a bit warmer at the beautiful beaches, but can’t have everything!
The Library bar is one of my favourite places in Wellington. I can happily spend hours there.
Also Somes Island is truly awesome. Have been there a few times. Kayaking over there from Petone is my preferred mode of travel to it!