Some data from the poll:
- Conservatives lost among under 55s, and won massively with over 65s. Labour got just 21% of over 65s.
- Conservatives won in socio-economic classes AB and C1, tied in C2 and lost only in DE.
- The most important factors in how people voted were trust of motives and values 75%, preferred promises 62%, the leader 45%
- Most important issues were the NHS 55%, economic growth 51%, immigration 41%, cutting deficit 30%, cost of living 25%, welfare reform 20%, Europe 18%, schools 13%, environment 9%, crime 6%
- 46% say austerity needs to continue, 30% say austerity was needed but no longer and 24% say austerity was never needed
- Even 60% of Labour voters say austerity and spending cuts were needed