Some interesting submissions to the 2014 general election inquiry.
- Against prohibition on parties purchasing broadcasting advertising
- Makes a case that Electoral Commission did not allocate broadcasting funds appropriately
- Proposes cutting off welfare to people who don’t enrol
- Wants enrolment on election day itself
- People should be able to enrol on the Maori roll even if they do not indicate they are of Maori descent!
- Wants the broadcasting allocation extended to all mediums (ie a general allowance for advertising)
- Scrap TV opening and closing broadcasts
- Supports restrictions on campaigning at polling places during advance voting
- Look at changing boundary reviews from every five years (post census) to every six years (the year after every second election)
- Increase electorate population tolerance from 5%