Grant Jacobs is a senior computational biologist at Otago University. He has a PhD in computational biology from Cambridge University (1992) and has also done post-doctoral work in areas ranging from the role of water molecules and genomics.
In summary the failings are:
- The report commissioned was seeking only information to back up Steffan Browning’s position against glyphosate based herbicides
- The consultant is not a toxicologist
- The evidence is not related to the question at hand
- No sifting for quality
- Not quoting sources of science summaries
- No use of existing reviews