Was the VIP paedophile ring a fantasy?

The Guardian reports:

The police investigation into an alleged VIP paedophile ring that was accused of killing three children has collapsed.

The Metropolitan police confirmed on Monday afternoon that Operation Midland had closed after 16 months of investigation.

The force made a statement shortly after the last living suspect in the inquiry said he had been told he would face no charges. Harvey Proctor, the former Conservative MP, was given the news on Monday afternoon following a conversation between his solicitors and a senior Met officer. …

It is understood the police found no evidence to substantiate claims from a single witness, known only as Nick, that Proctor had murdered two boys and helped to organise the murder of another.

The decision to clear Proctor is a humiliating admission for the Met, which had previously described his accuser’s allegations as “credible and true”.

The high-profile investigation has involved raids on the homes of Proctor, the late Lord Brittan and the war hero Lord Bramall.

While all allegations must be investigated, the huge publicity given to the claims of Nick always seemed baffling to me.

It is quite possible that a British MP or MPs have been pedophiles.

But the idea of an organised ring is the stuff of fantasy. If you are a pedophile, you are unlikely to share your secret with your opponents (or colleagues).

Operation Midland has been running for 16 months and has cost in excess of £2m as it examines the allegations of one complainant, known as Nick, that a paedophile ring containing powerful establishment figures abused him from the age of seven until he was 16 and was responsible for the murders of three young boys.

It took 2 million pounds to investigate??

As a result of Nick’s allegations officers opened murder inquiries into the killing of three young boys. But they never established the identities of the victims, recovered any bodies or linked the allegations to reports of young boys who had gone missing in the period in question.

So it may all be fantasy. I can’t imagine three kids get murdered and no one notices.

In December 2014, Scotland Yard held a press conference in which they revealed they were investigating the murders of three young boys and the abuse of children which had taken place over a decade at the various locations. Most significantly a senior officer on the homicide command, detective superintendent Kenny McDonald, said the claims by the witness Nick were “credible and true”.

Or incredible and false.

Comments (32)

Login to comment or vote