Matthew Hooton makes eight points on Twitter:
- Men do not tend to talk much in the locker room at all.
- If we do, the talk is mainly about exercise, sport, family, work etc (and, for some losers, even politics).
- It would almost always be seen as weird to talk about sex while getting changed or showering with other men.
- When at the pub, a long boozy lunch or on a lads’ weekend etc, men talk about sex a great deal.
- Almost all this talk is purely and passively voyeuristic, e.g. “Man that chick at the pub last night was hot.”
- Going beyond voyeuristic talk is not unknown but it is uncommon because talking about acts risks being creepy even in such settings.
- Even if talk is about acts, the concept of consent is implied. Anyone who boasted about a non-consensual act would be utterly shunned.
- I’ve never heard anyone talk like Trump did. Even in my non-PC circles, it would mark someone out as a creep, a loser & dangerous.
I agree with Matthew.