The Privacy Commissioner has published a guide for users of cloud computing. It’s a very useful resource.
Their checklist for small business is:
- Figure out which cloud services will work for you and what your current risk level is
- Know what information you’ll be sending to the cloud
- Recognise that the responsibility is ultimately yours
- Security – lock it down
- Check out your provider
- Know exactly what you’re signing up for
- Be as up front with your clients as you can
- Location – where will the information be?
- Use and disclosure – who sees the information and what will it be used for
- Ability to exit, and deleting information
I just wish data caps were higher so I could backup my stuff to the cloud in real time.Tags: cloud computing, Privacy Commissioner