Ngapuhi’s David Rankin has announced he is standing for Auckland Council:
Ngapuhi leader David Rankin has announced his intention to stand for the Auckland Council in next year’s local body elections.
“This Council is broken – it lacks imagination and integrity, and is driven by Len Brown’s vanity projects, which will drive Auckland bankrupt,” he said in a statement released tonight.
His five policies are:
- put an immediate end to the inner-city rail loop, and invest the funds instead on roading.
- extend the urban limits of the city to allow the supply of more land for housing. The aim will be for a radical drop in land prices due to a huge supply of residential-zoned land
- disband the current Maori statutory board and replace it with a five-member advisory board with a total budget of $150,000.
- Restore the access to all the volcanic peaks as it existed in 2011
- Halt all future cycle lanes, and remove existing ones where they obstruct traffic and a bicycle registration system will be introduced so that future cycle lanes will be built when the fund accumulated from cyclist registrations allows for it.
I like 2, 3 and 4.Tags: Auckland Council, David Rankin