The Halberg winners were:
- Sportswoman – Lydia Ko
- Sportsman – Kane Williamson
- Disabled Sportsperson – Sophie Pascoe
- Team – All Blacks
- Coach – Steven Hansen
- Emerging Talent – Eliza McCartney
- Sporting Moment – Grant Elliott’s six on the 2nd to last ball to win
- Supreme Award – All Blacks
All fairly uncontroversial choices.
You could argue Ko should have got the supreme award as she got No 1 in a sport that is globally competitive, rather than played by a smaller number of countries. But you can understand why the All Blacks got it as the first team to defend the Rugby World Cup successfully.
Dan Carter may be hard done by not to get Sportsman of the Year but he did get International Rugby Player of the Year.