NZPA reports the Kiwi Party is having its inaugural national conference today. Some of the reported policies are:
- Government subsidies for marriage preparation courses
- Establishing a Royal Commission to address family breakdown
- Repeal the Prostitution Reform Act
- Raise the minimum wage from $12 to $15 an hour;
- Introduce income splitting for married couples with children
- Make houses more affordable by releasing more building land as new houses should cost $190,000
- Sell 20 percent of State-owned Enterprises to investors who were resident in New Zealand
A mixture of the most stupid from the left (minimum wage to $15) and the right (repeal Prostitution Reform Act).
To be fair the policy to release more land for building is commendable, as is allowing Kiwis to invest in SOEs.
Tags: Kiwi Party