The Herald Politics quiz is back. 10/10 in 47 seconds.
A bit challenging this week. Quiz is here.
Some fairly obscure ones this week. Quiz is here.
NZ Herald quiz here.
And well done to the Herald for finally making it compatible with Chrome!
One tricky question this week. Quiz here.
As I did for 2012, I thought it would be useful to highlight some of the posts in the last year where I have disagreed with the Government, or said things unhelpful to it. While I obviously support and want National’s re-election, I have and will continue to say what I think on issues on their merits.
- I agree with the concerns of principals on Govt changes to school powers of search
- I support Grant Robertson’s call to give the Electoral Commission power to penalise electoral law breaches
- I call on the Government to automatically release all Cabinet papers
- I criticise the Government’s intention to over-rule the Commerce Commission on copper Internet prices, calling it the wrong decision
- I say the OIA should apply to Parliament for financial matters
- I say the Government should regionally trial plain packaging, rather than just hope it works
- I blog that I support the Clare Curran amendment on the Patents Bill
- I praise the Young Nats for criticising the Government
- I blogged several times in support of Louisa Wall’s Same Sex Marriage Bill
- I support David Clark’s Mondayisation Bill, opposed by National
- I call on the Government not to do a deal with Rio Tinto
- I criticise the Prime Minister for phoning Ian Fletcher to encourage him to apply for the GCSB job
- I support No Right Turn in calling for BORA opinions on all stages of a bill
- I congratulate David Clark and Grant Robertson for getting a law change in opposition
- I call for Cabinet to be reduced from 20 to 12, agreeing with Trevor Mallard
- I criticise the Govt for their use of urgency (and in fact had it wrong)
- I say that National should back changes to MMP thresholds
- I again criticise the use of urgency
- I support the Fair Deal Coalition and their work on the TPP
- I agree with Russel Norman that waka jumping laws are bad
- I back a land tax
- I back the CTU over the EMA that the trial period should be 90 days not 180 days
- I criticise Parliamentary Service for releasing Andrea Vance’s swipe card details
- I support congestion charging on Auckland roads, which the Government rules out
- I criticise Nick Smith’s decision on a tunnel to Milford Sound
- I attack the proposed exemption for some quota holders from requiring FCVs to be flagged in NZ
- I support a comprehensive no exemptions Capital Gains Tax
- I call on the Govt to scrap Part 6A of the ERA
- I call the possible limit of three snapper, ridiculously low
- I label the proposed changes to copper pricing a “copper tax”
- I label the Rio Tinto deal as “screwing taxpayers for $30 million”
- I say Labour’s proposed Super age of 67 is a modest step in the right direction
- I’m mildly critical of LVRs
- I endorse David Cunliffe for the Labour leadership
- I’m disappointed the Government is not pushing for a unified independent media regulator
- Kiwiblog joins the Coalition for Fair Internet Pricing
- I praise David Cunliffe for his Chief of Staff appointment
- I say Iain Lees-Galloway’s bill on the blood alcohol limit should be supported at first reading
- I support Gareth Hughes’ call to review the Parliamentary Prayer
- I propose changes to standing orders
- I call on the Govt to fast-track e-voting option for local goverment elections
- I support Russel Norman’s bill on Reserve Bank OCR decision making going to a select committee
- I’m critical of the extension to the parallel importing ban on movies
- I call on MPs to support Brendan Horan’s amendment so MPs salaries are fixed for each term of Parliament
- I praise Jacinda Ardern for Labour’s policy to scrap the Families Commission
- I co-found and help launch the NZ Taxpayers Union which will scrutinise central and local government spending
- I praise Crown Law for taking on the John Banks prosecution
- I praise Labour for considering a referendum on moving to a republic
- I criticise the new regulations around pool fencing
- I praise Labour’s selection for Rangitikei
I recall the quote of Keith Holoyoake who said he only agreed with around 80% of what National did, even when he was Prime Minister! I suspect with Muldoon, he agreed with 100% of what his Government did!
An easy one for year end. Quiz here.
Last week they had a wrong answer, and this week they have repeated the answers for one question for the following one (Q9). So I got 9/9 in 40 seconds,
The Herald quiz is here. I got 8/10 in 46 seconds but I think it should be 9/10 as they have the wrong answer to Q6 in my opinion!
Aced it this week!
Quiz is here.
NZ Herald politics quiz is here.
My worst score ever. Just 5/10 in 46 seconds. To be fair I have been reading less news while travelling in the US, but some of the questions this week seemed very obscure. How did others do?
Quiz is here.