Not surprisingly Idiot/Savant at No Right Turn thinks Israel is the source of all evil, and he has found someone who argues that Israel is guilty of war crimes (this is the same Israel that phones people up in advance of bombing any nearby buildings). So who is the person I/S places great reliance on:
Unfortunately for them, the UN special rapporteur for human rights in the Occupied Territories – begs to differ:…
Who to believe? Random ranters, or an internationally renowned human rights expert, tasked by the UN with monitoring the implementation of international law in the area? Tough question…
Citing the UN special rapporteur for human rights in the Occupied Territories as an internationally renowned human rights expert would make you think he was some sort of Sir Kenneth Keith (who is internationally renowned).
But this is the UN Human Rights Council at work. Arguably the most hypocritical disgusting apparatus at the UN. So when they appoint a “special rapporteur for human rights in the Occupied Territories” they actually appoint the biggest Israel hater they can find anywhere.
The rapporteur is Richard Falk. And what do we know about Mr Falk:
- He supported the Iranian revolution and attacked Jimmy Carter for labeling the Ayatollah Khomeini a religious fanatic. His love for Iran is shown with thsi quote “Having created a new model of popular revolution based, for the most part, on nonviolent tactics, Iran may yet provide us with a desperately-needed model of humane governance for a third-world country”
- He is a 9/11 conspiracy theorist
- He argues that Vietnam war protesters were entitled to bomb facilities in the US as a form of protest
- It is no surprise then that he supports suicide bombings as a valid method of struggle.
- Compares Israel to Nazi Germany
So Mr Falk is a huge champion of human rights – the right to suicide bomb, and the right of that nice peaceful human rights loving Ayatollah.
His views should be given the same respect as, well what I/S calls the sewer.Tags: Human Rights Council, Middle East, No Right Turn, Richard Falk, UN