As previously mentioned, the NZ Herald has started a baublewatch column, with the initial entries being:
1. Base salary up from $120,000 as a minor party leader to $171,600 for minister outside Cabinet.
2. Access to ministerial cars.
3. Qualifies for a VIP diplomatic passport.
4. Overseas trips to Korea (last week) and Malta and the UK (this week).
5. A trophy photograph for his wall of him in the background of an international line-up with US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
Another one they can add on is:
6. Around $1 million in funding (total is $23 million for all offices) for his ministerial office, including around 10 extra staff.