Just as almost everyone is comdemning Labour for their deliberate over-spending on the election campaign, a white knight comes to the rescue. Now guess which neutral impartial expert said the following:
* The over-spending showed rules around campaigning needed a re-think (translation: the rules are at fault not Labour)
* $400,000 is not much money compared to a US campaign which can spend $500 million (ignoring that as a proportion fo legal expenditure it is a huge over-spend)
* Campaigning is a constantly evolving process (Labour are just ahead of the times!
* National had help from the Exclusive Brethren
* The over-spending didn’t affect the result anyway
* Labour won not due to the extra money but because they were more clever and got out the vote
So which neutral impartial expert said all this. Guess.