A permament majority for state spending

Spirit of 76 quoted The Letter to look at how Labour has managed to create a majority of NZers who now receive some or all of their income from the state. Hence 51% can keep voting to sock the other 49% for as much as possible.

The stats are:

8% – Core state employees
9% – Non-core state employees, teachers, local bodies etc
16% – Superannuitants
10% – Beneficiaries
8% – Students
20% – Welfare For Families recipients

This is a total if 71%. Now there is double counting so it is less than that, but still over 50% easily.

Personally I’d like the total figure to be around 25%. It is not healthy having 50% to 70% of the population dependent on the state.

Comments (22)

Login to comment or vote

%d bloggers like this: