ACT on Campus pose the question of where do you draw the line in regard to those things which should be decided democratically by society, and what should be individual choice.
So which of the following should be decided democratically:
* What everyone in New Zealand will wear tomorrow.
* What children should learn at school.
* What consenting adults be able should do in the bedroom.
* Whether it should be compulsory to wear a seatbelt.
* On what conditions people should be able to build, buy or sell a house.
* What colour people should be able to paint their house.
* How people’s healthcare should be paid for.
* How people’s healthcare money should be spent.
It’s a good question.