I’m the guest speaker at a lunch organised by the Wellington Regional Chamber of Commerce on Friday 7 March 2008.
My topic is “The Impact of Blogging on the New Zealand Political Strategy and 2008 Election”
I haven’t finalised what I am going to say, but expect to cover the following areas:
- The role of political blogs in US and UK
- Review how well each political party is generally using online media and communications, and how they are interacting with blogs (people may be surprised by what I will say here)
- The relationship between traditional media and bloggers in NZ
- The impact of blogging in the 2005 election, and how things have changed since then.
- Some predictions for 2008
If you wish to attend, you can book and pay online at the Chamber website. It’s on the 28th floor of the Majestic Centre so one gets to enjoy a stunning view.