Was interested to see this PR:
New Zealand’s leading business search directory yellow.co.nz is now available to the country’s estimated 20,000 iPhone owners with today’s launch of the Yellow iPhone app.
The Yellow iPhone app provides location awareness via the iPhone’s built in GPS, mapping and directions functionality courtesy of Google Maps and the ability to save businesses to your contacts and email search results to others. …
- Full ability to search Yellow’s entire directory
- Local search via iPhone’s integrated GPS
- Find local businesses on the integrated maps
- Get driving or walking directions to any business via Google Maps
- Email business details to friends & contacts
- Save your favourite searches for next time
- Add your favourite businesses direct to your iPhones contacts
The local serach vis GPS is what especially interest me. I think location based services over your mobile is the next big thing. I can see you walking past your local bookshop, and they’ll be able to text you and say “Hey if you want to pop in we’ve got the third book in that series you have already pucrahsed Parts I and II of – and we’ll give it to you 15% off”.
I hope Yellow work on a similiar tool for the Blackberry.