An amusing article on Medium about how the the state of Nevada is trying to cope with bad taxi drivers, rather than allow Uber in which allows people to rate their drivers, so future passengers can be guided by them.
Nevada has gone for:
- Have armed cops randomly pull over taxis
- Spend two years trying to get agreement on an information board at the airport
- A spreadsheet on their website
- A complaint form for people over charged $10 that you have to post in
- A $6 million hardware and software package to allow the state to monitor taxi routes