The Auditor-General has announced she will look at the following issues around the Saudi farm deal:
- the amount of public money budgeted and spent on this Partnership, how it has been used, and the outcomes achieved with it;
- whether the expenditure on services was within the appropriations of Vote Foreign Affairs and Trade, as authorised by Parliament;
- the procurement and contract management practices used by the Ministry and New Zealand Trade and Enterprise to purchase services relating to the Partnership;
- whether the services received were in keeping with the business case and contract specifications; and
- any other related matter that I consider it desirable to inquire into and report on.
I’m glad the AG is investigating, and said I hoped she would.
I think the real question is what outcomes have been achieved from it.