- Funding for the City Rail Link to advance from 2020 to 2018, to allow construction to begin in 2018
- A streamlined consenting process for the $1 billion East-West Connection between the Southern and South-Western motorways, so if consented construction can start in 2018
- Looking to widen State Highway 20 between Neilson Street and Queenstown Road
He also announced some non-Auckland projects:
- $115 million to complete four regional projects.
- The by-passes in Taranaki to allow motorists to avoid Mount Messenger and the Awakino Tunnel
- Funding to replace the single lane Motu Bridge on State Highway 2 near Gisborne with a new two-lane bridge.
- Replace the Opawa Bridge on State Highway 1 near Blenheim with a safer bridge to accommodate increasing traffic volumes in Marlborough.