The Washington Post looks at the winners and losers in Iowa:
- Ted Cruz – won despite 2nd in polls
- Marco Rubio – came close to beating Trump and now leading “establishment” candidate
- Clinton – needed to win, and did – just
- Sanders – lost by only 0.2%, shows he is in for a longer game
- Donald Trump – his campaign is based on he is a winner, and he lost
- Martin O’Malley – withdrawn after a humiliating 1%
- Jeb Bush – a pitiful 2.8% after so many millions spent
- Jim Gilmore – got 12 votes!!
We should start to see the Republican field narrow soon – maybe not before New Hampshire but probably before Super Tuesday.