The Daily Mirror reports on tales of George Michael’s generosity, often without publicity. A tribute to the man.
- Anonymously donated £15,000 to a woman who couldn’t afford IVF
- Donated £25,000 to a crying stranger struggling with debt in a cafe
- Anonymously volunteering at a homeless shelter
- Anonymously donated millions to Childline
- A children’s charity said they were “only afloat” because of George Michael.
- In 2006, George held a special free concert for NHS nurses to attend in north London
- Tipped a student nurse barmaid £5,000
- Donated all the royalties from his 1996 number one single Jesus To a Child to charity.
- Bought John Lennon’s piano for £1.45million from a private collector and donated it to the Beatles Story museum in Liverpool so that it could be kept in Lennon’s hometown forever.