Trans-Tasman doesn’t give ratings to the new MPs as there hasn’t been enough time but they do make some comments on them. Most of the comments are just on their background, but some are on their prospects.
The more substantive comments I have highlighted her.
- Tamati Coffey – A former broadcaster who rates himself higher than others.
- Paul Eagle – Solid, reliable and experienced.
- Marja Lubeck – Lawyer and former union worker. Won the respect of employers and unions.
- Kieran McAnulty – Smart and sensible.
- Willow-Jean Prime – highly regarded in the party.
- Deborah Russell – Possibly the smartest new MP in the House for a decade. Watch her get promoted and very quickly.
- Lawrence Yule – Accomplished local govt politician but they don’t always transition well.
- Jenny Marcroft – Award-winning broadcaster and a trained teacher, should be an asset to the party.
- Chloe Swarbrick – Plenty to say for herself.