More and more info is coming out about Karel Sroubek, whom Labour gifted residency to. Here’s what we now know:
- Entered NZ with false passport in 2003
- Arrested with two Hells Angels on aggravated robbery, kidnapping and blackmail charges in 2011, but acquitted
- Found guilty of passport fraud in 2011
- Arrested in 2011 for manufacturing drugs. Convicted but later overturned
- Arrested in 2014 for importing drugs. Jail sentence of 69 months.
- Parole Board in 2018 refused parole, finding him manifestly untruthful
- Interpol has an arrest warrant for him, for charges in Czech Republic of disorderly conduct, damaging of another’s property and attack of an law enforcement officer
- Twice traveled to Czech Republic in 2009, despite claiming he fears for his life if deported there
- His ex-partner is seeking a restraining order against him
Not only did Lees-Galloway not deport him, but he gave him permanent residency!