Stuff has a story looking at the 21 candidates from the Democratic nomination for 2020.
I thought it would be interesting to analyse them as a group. Here’s the breakdown.
- Gender – 15 men and six women
- Age – three in the 30s (35 is minimum age), six in 40s, six in 50s, four in 60s and two in 70s
- Area – Northeast eight, West seven, Midwest three, Southwest two and Southeast one
- Ethnicity – White 14, Black three, Asian one, Latino one, American Samoan one and Native American one
- Highest office held – one Vice-President, two Governors, one Cabinet Secretary, seven Senators, six House members, two Mayors and two others